• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      DiscoMoney

Just got myself some rotary works machines. I actually got 2 of these because they look really cool lol. Anyways, I did this script on the ribs to test out the new machine. The tattoo was quite difficult because of the placement but the machine was amazing. Machine- http://www.benzacharias.portfoliobox.me/the-shop and the tattoo will be the last one at the bottom http://www.benzacharias.portfoliobox.me/tattoos

Infamous
      Participant

Yeah I don’t know what it is about the ribs but to me its always very difficult to tattoo.

I just did some script on someone there myself, The Lord’s Prayer, it took forever.

This looks pretty good though :)

DiscoMoney

The ribs are difficult for me because as the client is breathing, the whole area you’re working on moves around. And because it’s a sensitive spot your client twitches and moves more.

Lennart82
      Participant

Agree, the ribs are a pain to tattoo, and a pain for the client. I have two ongoing rib project, both of them were in a bit o pain :P
      Its specially difficult, if its a very skinny client.

Shaggy

I’ve been getting quite a few rib tattoos coming in the shop lately, and a few weeks ago I think I stumbled on to a trick. Another tattooer was using the massage table so I had to have my customer sit sideways on a bar height chair… Yes very awkward and uncomfortable for them, but awesome for me height-wise and angle-wise. Placing a cushion between them and the back of the chair allowed for them to bend away from me for a nice stretch with their arm over their heads. I actually think this uncomfortable/awkward position took their mind off the needle enough for me to get busy without fear of jumpiness from them.

I’ve used this technique on quite a few rib tattoos now, including a girl who got her very first tat on her ribs… it seems to work like a charm. Granted this won’t work for a big time consuming piece, but for something about an hour or so… give it a try.

(Lower back tattoo = Tramp Stamp………. Rib tattoo = Skank Flank)

Infamous
      Participant

That’s actually a pretty good tip, Jester!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan