• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Davjdag

Hi, I’m Dave! Long story short: After some careful self analysis I determined that Tattooing would be the best skill for me to acquire, considering my set of talents, and considering the bigger ambitions I wish to pursue on the side. Having finished reading Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo earlier this week, I expect to receive a lot of flak for my strategy, but I’m pretty comfortable with it, and still hope this community will be open to sharing council with me.

I am choosing not to seek an apprenticeship for time management reasons. I will be referring to myself as a “tattooist” rather than “tattoo artist”. I was set on this before reading the section in the book on titles, because I am more of a designer than artist, and believe I’d be better than average at copying accurately than composing in diverse artistic styles. When I buy my first machine in the next several months, among other hardware and supplies, It will be a rotory machine, which I know can be much more adjustable than suggested in the brief blurb in the book. I have a lot of friends who know my talents and sense of ethics and determination well enough and are excited to help me build my portfolio, which will be showcased on a blog including the process of my incremental development.

I really enjoyed all that I learned from Basic Fundamentals, and you could say I’m a big fan of Charles Jordan’s overall sense of values. Risks known and unknown and mistakes on the horizon, however, I’m comfortable with my strategy and again hope that this community will be open to helping someone learning on a different path. Thanks! Now, what do you have to say?

Infamous
      Participant

Welcome to the forum!

Its good to have plenty of test subjects who are willing to submit themselves to your work, but I feel it wouldn’t hurt at all to go ahead and practice on practically anything without a pulse until you are confident.

For example Honey Dew Melons, Practice Skins, Pig Skin, Oranges, Grapefruit, and at this time of year Pumpkin. Out of these I most highly recommend Pig Skin if you can get it, next to that I prefer Honey Dews.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Davjdag

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn’t add that I absolutely do plan to practice on other mediums first :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Welcome

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan