• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      chr15

Hi I am new to tattooing and not sure what exactly is wrong with my set up. So far I have only managed one practice skin as my machine became very hot. It was returned and rebuilt by the builder (rewound coils new capacitor new springs and contact post/screw). When i got it back it ran fine but faded then stopped (no heat this time) but would start up if left for short time. I returned it once again and again it was rebuilt. It returned and the same fade then stop. I tried different combinations ie foot switch and clip chords but no change. I only have one power supply and no option to test the rest of my equipment. The guy who built my liner is convinced it is my power supply but im not too sure. after testing this last time I noticed the spring had blackened where it hits the contact screw and there were tiny flakes of brass from the contact screw on the frame. He told me this was normal but I have read otherwise. Surely if you were actually tattooing some one you would not want these tiny flakes coming off as the would most probably end up on or even worse in the tattoo. I also told him that as the power faded if I tightened the contact screw (tiny increments only) it would return its speed. I am lost the builder has a very good reputation in UK and being new to this do not want to bad mouth him. I would be grateful for any advise/help I only have this liner at the moment as my intentions were to practice lining only, kinda like disciplining myself to be steady and true with line work before attempting to shade/color.

Sounds like combination of your tattoo power supply, and your machine’s tuning.
      Check out Pulse or Eikon power supplies –
      I only use Pulse.

lostcause
      Participant

The first thing I came across is dont use chines shit….some are built good but there are alot out there that suck. Not sure if he gets his crap from china or not but from what i gather it could be a few things. Power supply mainly, and ill give an example the female I work with has all chines crap and was getting a power supply in the mail so had to use hers. With my previous power supply I ran my liner at 8-9 volts, just to get my machine to begin to move with her chines crap I was at 14 volts. So before going and buying all kinds of crap change power supply. Just another tidbit when you get a brand new machine run it a full 24 hours before using. That way it breaks in all the the little parts and tune from there. Got that info from a very old long time tattooer.

tat2theEarth

One thing u should check is how tight ur conract screw is tightened..my first time running my machine i forgot ro righten the screw down and it did exactly what u are describing. Might not be the same issue but digured its worth a shot.

Dirtytripsix

Definately check contact screw. I have a color packer i like to run super slow and light, and sometimes it doesnt really want to start running on its own. Try holding down the footswitch and move the armature bar down with your finger. If the machine starts running on its own after that, a small turn of the contact screw will do it. If other machines run on that power supply then its not the power supply. Try also cleaning the contact points from time to time, they do get carbon buildup which will aslo hinder conductivity.

Dirtytripsix

By the way. Do yourself a favor and let the chinese keep their crap in china. There is a reason why the united states has laws about lead content on products, and china does not…. ITS CHEAP FOR A REASON, ITS NOT WORTH USING! Buy American buddy. That could be the whole root of the problem your having.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan