• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Breach

Just a quick ‘Hello’.

I am from the US. I have always been interested in tattoos. I received my first when I was 16 (with parents permission) from a local tattoo guy from the small town I was raised in. I always loved that idea of being able to bestowing your own flair of permanent art onto a person, but I have always been ‘too busy’ to learn right now. I will learn later. Well, I am now almost 42.

I just purchased this…

It really seemed to be the best ‘Bang for the Buck’ deal I could find anywhere.

I really don’t mind dropping a grand on a few high end guns if this turns out to be something I like. Right now, I just wanted something with decent quality to get to know the machines, practice with (on fruits/melons/pig parts) to see if I can do a decent job before I decide if this is something I want to pursue.

I look forward to receiving my package and to getting to know you all. :)

Jester
      Participant

Welcome to the madhouse.

Breach

Off to a bumpy start.. Ordered on 4/10/13 at 1:50pm PST. Didn’t receive a tracking number (not in my spam folder either). Emailed a couple times with no response on 4/11/13 (in the afternoon and late evening). Called a few times today, got the answering machine. Finally left a message (42 hours after ordering) stating that I didn’t get a tracking number and would either like to talk to someone or cancel my order. I promptly (15 to 20 minutes later) received a call back. I was given the tracking number over the phone and according to the tracking, my package didn’t ship yesterday.. it states “Electronic Shipping Info Received on April 12, 2013”, so at best my package will ship today. At worst, the package was paid for online today and my package will ship out soon.

I have read some good reviews of shipping speed and customer support, so I will wait and see what the outcome is.. but it’s a bumpy start when you order something that is supposed to ship the next morning and it doesn’t, and when you are supposed to get a tracking number within 24 hours and you don’t..

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have ordered from Hildbrant many many times, and not once did I receive a tracking number. You probably need to ask for one. I didnt even know they offered tracking for their packages. I have also never had an issue with customer support, or shipping. I always talk to Richard their operations manager, and he normally bends over backwards for me! I live in Canada so I normally get my packages in 3-5 days

welcome to the forum hope to see some artwork and such :)

Breach

According to their website..

For Tattoo kits, power supplies and quantity orders of supplies, you will receive a tracking email within 24 hours of shipping. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder as the email sometimes gets blocked by email filters.

But I didn’t get a tracking number, which is fine. I just dropped them a couple emails (and neither was responded to). I called a couple times and only got the answering machine. I was frustrated with the lack of communication, so I finally called and left a message asking for a return call or I just wanted to cancel my order. I promptly (15 to 20 minutes) received a call back. I was told that the package shipped two days ago, even though I ordered two days ago.

I was given a tracking number over the phone, I had him hold a second while I tested the number online to make sure it was correct. Tracking stated that electronic shipping was just received. I questioned him about this.. I asked why the electronic shipping info was received just now. He stated that USPS was backed up and everything was fine, that the package did ship already.

I checked tracking again later in the evening, once it was updated it stated that the package was physically received by USPS on April 12, 2013, 5:32 pm PST, shortly after our conversation.

So my issue is that of trust. He assured me the item had shipped 2 days prior, even though I purchased it 2 days prior. It did not ship within the stated 24 hours nor did I get a tracking number within the stated 24 hours, both of which could be easily forgiven.. but he blatantly lied to me. He told me he shipped it, when he didn’t and then he ran out and shipped it.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

sometimes the tracking is wrong. i never trust tracking. ive ordered things off amazon that say its still in transit when i really have the package. i trust hildbrant, and have never had an issue :)
      ive never ordered a tattoo kit from them so that’s probably why I missed that haha. the only “Tattoo kit” ive ordered is their refill pack

Breach

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

sometimes the tracking is wrong. i never trust tracking. ive ordered things off amazon that say its still in transit when i really have the package. i trust hildbrant, and have never had an issue :)
      ive never ordered a tattoo kit from them so that’s probably why I missed that haha. the only “Tattoo kit” ive ordered is their refill pack

Tracking is pretty accurate. If you receive a package at 4pm and check the tracking, it will stay “In Transit” because it hasn’t updated yet. If you check the tracking that evening, you will see that once it updates, it will say “Package Delivered: 4:10pm”..

I ship and receive packages all day long via an eBay store so I am pretty fluent in tracking packages.

I am sure I will get the package and I am sure the package will be exactly what I ordered. I’m just upset that people feel the need to BS you over petty stuff.

I’m step off my soap box now.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i checked it a few days after i got the order before i went to leave feedback and it still said in transit :P
      ive even had ebay tracking not update even once

Breach

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

i checked it a few days after i got the order before i went to leave feedback and it still said in transit :P
      ive even had ebay tracking not update even once

My issue isn’t with slow tracking updates though, it’s with the fact that the date/time that the package was accepted was almost 48 hours after I ordered it, instead of within 24 hours as stated, but more importantly, the package wasn’t received by USPS until after I was told it already shipped.

If you ordered something off me and I told you I would ship it tomorrow morning, but I don’t actually ship it. Then you call me 2 days later and I assure it shipped the same day you ordered it, but the tracking shows that the post office received it shortly after your call. You may be a bit upset with my lack of honesty. Even if USPS tracking is slow.. It still reflects a fairly accurate receive and delivered date/time because the system scans the packages in and out. The ‘received’ scan would not be 2 days late.

Either way, it’s shipped and I am not going to dwell on it.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

This is true. Unless they didnt scan it for two days, who knows. I don’t work at USPS haha. Personally if there was some sort of delay they should have informed you when you called. Oh well, at least they are sending you your package. You’re the first person I’ve seen with an issue with Hildbrant.

Breach

Tracking was dead on.. The package arrived today.

NDM1973
      Participant

Awesome!

Hope you have fun with those machines. I was impressed at how strong the the Beretta and Silencer are. I haven”t done anything with them yet, hoping to have a crack at them and the practice skin tomorrow morning.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan