• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      tattoo123

I’ve been free handing all of my own personal(on myself) body art(pens) until recently seeing the need to use transfer paper(seems useful). What a pain in the ass. Transfers fine until the first swipe of the paper towel. Gone!!! Here’s what I do. 1). Shave skin with diluted green soap. 2). Wipe area down again with green soap and preform skin check(checking for blemishes/abnormalities). 3). Use a heavier dilution of green soap for transferring image. 4). Transfer applies generally well(but there again, wipes off too easy. I even started using a pen after I’ve applied the transfer, just to “reinforce” my outline. Just end up free handing in the end. Any pointers? Thanks

xDreamerx
      Participant

Hey there, welcome to the forum. My first question would be have tried sampling out other methods for using for stencil methods? I mean you can either make your own solution or buy a spray or lotion that is specific for stencil transferring.

This will eliminate the whole wiping issue your talking about. So start there….would be my suggestion.

I use a combination of a home made mixture that works excellent. I also have sprays that I used to use before I made the mix.

I let it dry typically for about 15 minutes. That way its dry and not easily removed and no need to reoutline with ball point pen or marker…etc.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for ya. This should make a huge difference and allow you to focus on your work vs. worrying about the stencil wiping away…etc.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan