• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      BigDaddyGA

Hey. I have been tattooing for the better part of a decade and in that time, I’ve never seen anyone use anything except speed stick to transfer a stencil to skin. The County Health Department says that we can’t do that here anymore, everything has to be single use. Does anyone use anything else to make the stencil adhere to the with the reliability of deodorant? :?:

voodoo

I make my own stencil sauce..

BigDaddyGA

And then you wonder why you have carpal tunnel…

I dont know where you live but my suggestion if you cant find anything else to use would be to buy the mini travel speed stick they don tlast long anyway and they are waaaay cheaper than one stick of speed stick other than that I cant help I live in Ohio and they let us use regular sticks I will ask around here and get back to you on it if I find out anything else.
      Bear

tatdaddy79

stencil stuff is the bomb, pretty much all of the supply places sell it

inky V

i have been wanting to order some stencil stuff and give it a try. i always just use my green soap wash. it works fine.

Detol works really well too!!! And it’s also an anti-septic…

gopalkumar20

I dont know where you stay but my clue if you cant dig up anything else to use would be to buy the little voyage pace join they don tlast extended anyway and they are waaaay less costly than one set of pace fix other than that I cant help I remain in Ohio.
      appointment reminder

wrathone11
      Participant

I see everyone pushing this “stencil stuff” and other stencil application products, but how about this wet down a paper towel with your green soap mix (the one you use to squirt paper towels with anyway) really soak the paper towel then wipe the skin down where you’re putting on the stencil and immediately apply the stencil. I’ve been doing this for several years and it works great, and if you really want to keep the speed stick then spray down the paper towel wipe some speed stick on top of the green soap mix (on the paper towel obviously) and then wipe the area of the skin with the paper towel and apply your stencil. No need to throw away the speed stick or the green soap squirt bottle as neither one ever touches the client, but honestly with green soap and paper towels you don’t need speed stick anyway.

tat2theEarth

I do the same just get a paper towel good and wet and wipe down the skin it works perfectly.. if the skins not wet enough I will dab the stencil lightly so that it soaks thru, carefully so it don’t smudge. Never used stencil application products, seem like a waste of money to me since green soap works so well..

Jester
      Participant

I started out using the green soap. The thing that I like
      about the different application products is that they seam
      to make the stencil “stick” to the skin better. That way I
      don’t tend to wipe the stencil off while I’m outlining.

Thanks for sharing this information with us .In this site we learn a lot of knowledgeable information and find the most important data like advance and current information.There are many data which must help many of the user which like to find these data .
      Bonanza property management

Johnny

Hey what’s up. I use KY lube to put stencils on. It sounds crazy, but if you think about it, so is using deodorant haha. I used green soap forever, or speed stick. I’m sure we have all had the instance when you use a little too much green soap, and the stensil bleeds. KY dries up pretty quick also and holds the stensil better than green soap. I don’t know if it is sold individually, but since you wouldn’t be rubbing it on multiple people like speed stick, then I guess it shouldn’t be any different than bottles of ink?? That’s just my logic. Health department logic is worse than my wife’s. They made me have a second bathroom installed in my shop for customers only one time. I guess in a roundabout way that makes sense, but taking away your speed stick is pretty lame.

Valencia

i read somewhere a mix for transfering the stencil called the eww-goo

You put the speed stick bar in the microwave for 30 seconds until it melt, then you mix it with the same amount of green soap and with two measures of 70% alcohol, shake it and there you go… a mixture that lasts incredibly long.
      The man says that he applied a stencil to himself for testing purposes and it didn’t fade for a couple days… someone interested in trying?

tazman

i sure am. what kind of speed stick? just the regular white bar?

nytemareh
      Participant

i do regular speed stick melt in micro wave and then add 2 ounces of aloe vera and it took 4 days to finally get to point where it could barely be seen

If you cant discover anything else to use would be to buy the small journey rate keep they don tlast lengthy anyway and they are waaaay less expensive than one keep of rate keep other than that I cant help I reside in Oh and they let us use frequent stays I will ask around here and get returning to you on it if I discover out anything else.

leena

photo copy the tattoo out line in regular ink onto wax paper then use deodorant( the clear kind) apply to the skin apply the transfer and press smooth the deodorant will release the ink for the bold lines the rest should be done free hand.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan