• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

My stencils always come out very very light, what gives? I’m using a hectographic pencil on tracing paper and tattoo stencil magic. I give a squirt with the TSM and working it in, it starts to ‘lather’ for lack of a better word, it turns white-ish. I smoothly apply the stencil and wait 30 seconds or so and peel back. I also have tried cleaning with alcohol first and using less or more TSM. It’s always super super light no matter what. I know this probably wont be answered because I’m not an apprentice, but had I had people 6 years ago that would have openly shared info, I would be a great tattoo artist right now, I just know it. Just what I’ve learned already is making the ink stick great, sharp ass corners, jet black black. In other words, I’m not gonna not tattoo myself and friends. I heard that some cultures tattoo with bones, and they make the ink as well from creosote or ashes. But, that’s probably a lie planted by the people who want tattooing to be a freely expressible art form, risks be damned. For the life of me I cant figure out why people always opt for more control over personal choice and consequences rendered. But I digress, what I do know is one of my favorite tats is the one on my knuckles, done in jail with a staple, sharpened on the floor periodically throughout, and with ink I made. True shit, hurt like a bitch but that boy did a good job. I actually got to see him complete some very large intricate pieces with that staple. I would venture to say he is as competent a tattoo artist as I’ve ever seen. I’m gonna get off my soapbox now and hand the floor over to a man or woman with knowledge that I do not posses.

I’d really appreciate someone with the self confidence to speak up and truly extend a hand to me. I promise I won’t tattoo it :D

Viper65

Instead of tracing paper, try just using plain old typing paper, or what ever your design is on and lay it directly onto the purple tracing paper then trace it. You “should” get some dark ass lines, and they “should” stencil very well……….hope that helps. 8-)

TexasPT

He’s using stencil pencils, probably from Superior. I bought one of those to check it out. It will NEVER give you a stencil like spirit paper will.

get the spirit paper to solve the problem.

mark

Yep, stencil pencils from Superior. I was afraid someone would say the pencils suck. The spirit paper is kinda pricey, but in hindsight I guess it’s worth it. That’s what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot guys! I look forward to posting a pic of this first tat. I’m gonna get the stenciling down and hopefully lay some ink this weekend if I feel comfortable.

Just thought I’d let you guys know I tried the spirit paper and wow, what a damn difference. They are indeed dark ass lines. And pretty resistant to being wiped off too I might add. Thanks for the tip, fellas!

TexasPT

not a problem…I still have half a stencil pencil lying around here. I let my kid put “tattoos” on with it. :)

Jester
      Participant

@TexasPT wrote:

not a problem…I still have half a stencil pencil lying around here. I let my kid put “tattoos” on with it. :)

LMAO – Thats exactley what I did with mine.

inkaddict13

spirit paper is the best but there are a couple of things to note…..1)there are two different types of spirit paper..there is one that is made for thermograph machines and one that is designed for hand stenciling….the one you truly need is the hand drawn version and the way to tell the difference is the hand draw style does not have the onion skin layer or the brownish-biege tissue paper between the layers…i have used the stencil pencil, the thermograph style, and the hand draw style and the hand draw style beats the other two hands down very bold, very dark lines…its all personal preference but obviously my choice is clear…..now keeping the stencil on the skin while you are working is another story….let me know if you want to know what i have discovered that can’t be beat by stencil stuff or any other high priced crap on the market……. :twisted:

Viper65

@inkaddict13 wrote:

spirit paper is the best but there are a couple of things to note…..1)there are two different types of spirit paper..there is one that is made for thermograph machines and one that is designed for hand stenciling….the one you truly need is the hand drawn version and the way to tell the difference is the hand draw style does not have the onion skin layer or the brownish-biege tissue paper between the layers…i have used the stencil pencil, the thermograph style, and the hand draw style and the hand draw style beats the other two hands down very bold, very dark lines…its all personal preference but obviously my choice is clear…..now keeping the stencil on the skin while you are working is another story….let me know if you want to know what i have discovered that can’t be beat by stencil stuff or any other high priced crap on the market……. :twisted:

Ok….Ill bite, whatcha got?

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

yeah,,,lol the hook is baited! give up the info.

Jester
      Participant

@inkaddict13 wrote:

…..now keeping the stencil on the skin while you are working is another story….let me know if you want to know what i have discovered that can’t be beat by stencil stuff or any other high priced crap on the market……. :twisted:

I would love to hear it too.
      I found a recipe for some stuff. It had speed stick, alcohol, aloa gel @ green soap. Unfortunately I can’t find the recipe.
      Really works great!! I’ll keep looking, but like I said, I’d love to here your recipe.

perfect for everyone, try this traditional tattoo artist!

torifgarder

Today, two types of styles are more famous first is pouncing and dry brush. If you are using the flat color ink then pouncing technique would be good for you. Best of luck for your tattoos making art.

I easily use the stencil and delay Thirty a few moments or so and stem returning. I also have tried washing with liquor first and using less or more TSM. It’s always extremely super mild regardless of what. I know this probably probably won’t be responded to because I’m not an newbie, but had I had individuals 6 decades ago that would have honestly distributed information and facts, I would be an excellent tattooist right now, I just know it. Just what I’ve discovered already is creating the ink keep excellent, distinct ass sides, jet dark black. In other terms, I’m not going to not body art myself and buddies. I observed that some societies body art with bone, and they create the ink as well from creosote or ashes. But, that’s probably a lie placed by the individuals who want needling to be a easily expressible art type, threats be darned. For the lifestyle of me I cant determine why individuals always opt for more management over individual option and repercussions made.

Befor i got a thermal. i used a hectograph pencil on tracing paper. what worked very will for the transfor was clear deoderant. wipe some on a paper towel so you dont cross contamidate rub on the area then put on the stencel. let it stay on as you set up when you take it off it will be dark and stay on for your tatting. I still use it for the small stuff…

Befor i got a thermal. i used a hectograph pencil on tracing paper. what worked very will for the transfor was clear deoderant. wipe some on a paper towel so you dont cross contamidate rub on the area then put on the stencel. let it stay on as you set up when you take it off it will be dark and stay on for your tatting due to the gliseren, make sure its the gel type. I still use it for the small stuff…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan