• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      JDawnPearls

This is a colored pencil sketch that I did for my cousin who wanted it as a tattoo. It is a part of my sketch book portfolio that I have dedicated for tattoo apprenticeship, when it gets to that point….

Lennart82
      Participant

Beautifull piece. Like it :)

JDawnPearls

Many Thanks. What I like about making sketches based on other’s ideas is they have the idea and I have the challenge. I had so much fun making these flowers.

Wyki

Those flowers look beautiful. ;) I really like the colors. Keep up the great work. And yea I like drawing aswell because its sort of a challenge for me too. And later seeing it on skin makes me happy as an artist

JDawnPearls

I have been drawing all of my life, it sorta runs in the family. My brother is a tattoo artist, my other brother is an Art Professor and web designer. My grandmother was a professional painter and I have sold and painted oil commissions in Germany and the U.S. for a number of years. I have started looking at tattoo as a job since I keep getting tattoo sketch requests and I would like to finally enter a job that allows me to draw and be artistic.

When I looked at a studio that advertised they accept apprenticeships, they specifically said “do not be in a relationship” and “work 12 hours at the studio a day” or :”need not apply” …. that sorta pissed me off. I am more than willing to do grunt work and learn all the aspects of the studio, but seriously. I am a married woman of three children.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

very flowy and pretty :3

Lennart82
      Participant

@JDawnPearls wrote:

I have been drawing all of my life, it sorta runs in the family. My brother is a tattoo artist, my other brother is an Art Professor and web designer. My grandmother was a professional painter and I have sold and painted oil commissions in Germany and the U.S. for a number of years. I have started looking at tattoo as a job since I keep getting tattoo sketch requests and I would like to finally enter a job that allows me to draw and be artistic.

When I looked at a studio that advertised they accept apprenticeships, they specifically said “do not be in a relationship” and “work 12 hours at the studio a day” or :”need not apply” …. that sorta pissed me off. I am more than willing to do grunt work and learn all the aspects of the studio, but seriously. I am a married woman of three children.

Still liking it. :D I really should try, giving coloured pencils a try. Usually I just stick to what I’m used to, Charcoal. Black and grey drawings.
      Sounds like you were born for greatness in the tattoo world. ;) Looking forwards on seeing more of your work.

And that 12 hours a day, and no relationship, hmm thats sorta limits the grownup artist from applying. Sounds more like they want a young teenager, who they can bully around and sculpt in their own image.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan