• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Eddie Molina

How can i get my liner to do black solid lines with one pass? :?: I have a Dringenberg P- 3 liner with the factory springs.

TexasPT

make sure your needle depth is correct
      make sure you hand speed matches your machine
      make sure there is ink in the tube
      make sure you have the skin stretched properly

having never seen you work, I’m pretty comfortable saying one or more of these is not being done if you are working with a dringenberg. That guy knows what he’s doing.

Eddie Molina

Thanks for the reply! Like you said, ” That guy knows what he is doing.” So i would hate to take that machine and start changing parts on it. I’m pretty sure that the depth of the needle is right. The depth i usually stick the needle to is from 1 mm to 2 mm, ink in the tube and, the skin is stretch accordingly to the area of the body that i’m working on. I think it might have to do something between the contact screw, springs and speed. I don’t know how to get them parts to work propertly with each other. I’m not sure if can attach pictures of my work here but i have some in my Facebook, Eddie Molina (Tattoooist). If you have Facebook feel free to shoot me a request and critique my work. I need the help and inspiration. Thanks again!

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

if its a Dringenberg, you shouldnt have to adjust anything. maybe make a few very minor adjustments to fine tune to your handspeed, but to mess with the springs, and such will throw it out of whack. these top end builders set the machines up to run correct and smooth. how long have you had the machine? did you buy the machine new, or from someone else?

Eddie Molina

The machine is new. I had it for about two weeks now but i’ve had the same problems with my lining machines in the past.

TexasPT

the problem is you. :)

Next time you lay down a line…take 4x as long to do it. See what happens.

Mark

Eddie Molina

LOL :lol: I’ll be there forever getting a solid black line on one pass. You should send me a request on Facebook. I would love to see your work.

Eddie Molina

[attachment=0:1t011gkt]Flower tat.jpg[/attachment:1t011gkt]

TexasPT

That looks great, Eddie. You are way ahead of me.

You can do one line slow, and once…or you can do it fast and 4x. Either way the time in it is the same. I had the same issue at first. I think I was just so excited to be tattooing I hurried it along. Took me quite a while to slow down.

Look in the “show your work” section here…you’ll see my progression from start to a few weeks ago. I don’t post work on facebook.

Mark

Eddie Molina

Thanks! That is a picture from my phone. The files on my camera are too big and don’t let me upload them. You can see my pictures better on Facebook. I’m sorry and i appreciate the help but i think you don’t really get where i’m coming from. Do you have Facebook?

TexasPT

sent you a request…I may not get where you are coming from. Your lines look good in that picture.

wrathone11
      Participant

So many factors involved here, it sounds and looks like it’s just a matter of hand speed which is the most common reason for not getting a good single pass line in. Personally I wouldn’t get too caught up on the single pass line thing as long as the end result is what you’re looking for. I personally like to sculpt lines and often go over them more than once to get the line work I’m looking for.

micaljahon

I had the same point at first. I think I was just so excited to be tattooing I hurried it along. Took me quite a while to relax unwind.
      detroit metal buyers

Eddie Molina

True! They have been coming along well as of my last few tattoos.

@Eddie Molina wrote:

How can i get my liner to do black solid lines with one pass? :?: I have a Dringenberg P- 3 liner with the factory springs.

Practice!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan