• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TheDeuce

What is there to say really! Since the economy tanked I decided to start tattooing. I started getting tattoos since I was 18. Not many due to the cost but still got some ink. I got a nice severance packed when I got laid off from my engineering job so I started getting a few tattoos to start my sleeve. What I found was that even though the economy tanked shops were still demanding really high prices (at least in the area I was living in at the time). So I decided to look around for a craiglist artist. I know I know, shops or die! Whatever…. LOL I eventually found an artist that had his own shop but had to close it because of the economy. We talked, I watch him do a few tattoos, and ended up getting a lot done to my arm. During some of our conversations I asked him if he would mentor me and he agreed.

So I was under his guidance for a few months but I ended up moving to the NorthWest chasing another engineering job, which by the way fell through, so f**k it, I decided to go after doing tattooing as my profession. I do love it. Technically you can say I was self taught though my mentor did help me understand many aspects of this profession. I have studied the videos of Josh Calton, Tony Ciavarro, Joe Capobianco among others. Though these guys are awesome artists, they never really start from scratch. Meaning they skip of setting up machines specifically to do the three major areas, lining, shading and packing color. So I found this forum and look forward to discovering my style, my technique, my niche if you will.

I look forward to talking with you all.

Deuce

ben.catterall
      Participant

Welcome to the family mate. Look forward to hearing your input. Any questions feel free to fire away. No one on this site will go off and call you a dirty scratcher (from my experience). Can you post some of your work? They seem to work better on here of you post links to stuff like photobucket or other sites like that.

Cheers,
      Ben

nytemareh
      Participant

Welcome

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan