Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      pagewhit

Ok, Ive only been tattooing about a month, and I’ve done only black and tribal style tattoos. Im ready to move on to coloring, which seems easy enough.. but I would like to learn about shading first. What is the best technique to shade? Turn the machine down, add white to the ink? Pull skin tighter or not as tight? And what is the best needle for a nice shade? Thanks for your help!

robroy289
      Participant

Adding water to you colors is a good way to blend other than white.works much better for me.

Infamous
      Participant

Adding water to your blacks is tricky and hard to repeat to get the same exact shade, however if you use white to make your grays you’ll have much more control

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you always want to dilute your inks with distilled water, and or witch hazel
      by adding white you are actually making opaque black not a grey
      simple count the number of drops you put into your cup and just repeat that each time
      my cups are as follows: 100% black, 75% black, 25% distilled water, 50% black 50% distilled water, 25% black, 75% distilled water, 5 drops of black rest distilled water. each cup also gets 4 drops of witch hazel to help thin it out

when actually doing your shade youll want to build up from either your lighter colours to your darker ones. practice this on practice skin or honeydew melons first. this can really mess someone up if you do it wrong

you grab your ink like normal then stretch your skin, and barely kiss the skin with your Mag, and do a whipping motion like you were using a paintbrush :3

Infamous
      Participant

Are you just copy pasting these from your other posts?

Infamous
      Participant

I feel like I’ve read the same wall of text like 5 times now lol

Infamous
      Participant

I never said I had ADD. Do you think ADD and Dyslexia are the same thing?

Infamous
      Participant

Because I noticed you copy pasted the same thing into several different topics just so you could sound knowledgeable even though copy pasting clearly lets people know its not even your writing but somebody elses?

Infamous
      Participant

I would answer that but I really don’t want to feed information to a scratcher like you. Nice try though :lol:

Infamous
      Participant

No. I use Kuro Sumi… You don’t listen much do you?

Lennart82
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

Quick Test of how Dumb U R > When Building a Color Packer to drive Large Mags.. You want what size Coils ? Which type of a-Bar & why ? What Gage springs on Front & Rear & why ? Which sizes of Capacitors & why ? which Type of Frame Geometry & why ?

Okey.. I’ll bite
      You can only guess. Trial and error.
      You cannot dictate hand speed. You cannot dictate if its slow, fast or in between. You cannot dictate the ink that’s being used. You cannot dictate which needles you prefer. Lets say I’m a round shader guy. Or a flat guy….? Then what?

Besides, I can only dictate what works for me as for a colour packer. There are some typical ground IDEAS, not rules. Guidelines.

Answer enough for you?

Lennart82
      Participant

First I was Right and wrong. Then later, I was a complete fail. Make up your mind.
      You answer in east, when I ask in west.

Mind you. I didnt answer your quostion. All you did was asume I did.
      Then you went on answering it yourself. But never did I answer it.
      Its like you had half of this written down first. Then copied it, asuming infamous would answer.

Then you could Sound all knowing. But face it, you have read one thing and live by it as law. In fact, you only quote Joshuas book all the time. Yes I have it here.

Me stop tattooing??? Now??? After only 5 month??? Nahhh dude. Got too much skilks and talent to stop now.

I’ve shown you mine. Show me yours.

Again I envoke the forum rule.

“Be prepared to show your work, if called out.”

I call you. Show me your work…

robroy289
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

@Lennart82 wrote:

First I was Right and wrong. Then later, I was a complete fail. Make up your mind.

Its like you had half of this written down first. Then copied it, asuming infamous would answer.

Then you could Sound all knowing. But face it, you have read one thing and live by it as law. In fact, you only quote Joshuas book all the time. Yes I have it here.

Me stop tattooing??? Now??? After only 5 month??? Nahhh dude. Got too much skilks and talent to stop now.

I Do Not Swing That Way !!! I am Married…
      U a little in the loafers ! Call me out get a life … F-Off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

robroy289
      Participant

You are not a senor member of this site and even as one we do not tear people down on here! I have read your post and you seem to have great knowledge of tattooing and machine theory. You would be a great asset to the forum, but we do not tear people new to tattooing down and it is our responsibility ( yours and mine) as professional artist to guide them in the right direction! If you are indeed a professional as you seem to portray yourself, then give sound advice and leave it up to them to or to not listen. I don’t know about anyone else but if i got someone talking smack and acting like they are all mighty god with a tattoo machine and throwing their weight around being an ass;!! Im not gonna receive anything they said and dread each and every post they write!! Come on dude if you have the knowledge share it, help, and don’t be a douche!! @the mad reaper wrote:

@Lennart82 wrote:

I Do Not Swing That Way !!! I am Married…
      U a little in the loafers ! Call me out get a life … F-Off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Sorry, but you can’t copyright information in a post on a forum. It is a free information sharing social form of media. There is no legal course to put through. Once it’s out there its there for everyone to see, and everyone to use. Now if you wrote an e-book then that could have a copyright, but other than that your post is invalid. You can’t legally copyright a post on a forum.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

That’s funny because people all the time are stealing people’s ideas, inventing them, then copyrighting them, and the original creator can’t do anything because he didn’t copyright the idea originally. Your knowledge of law is flawed. This is also why people trademark and copyright things to begin with. If it was INSTANTLY copy written then no one would have to pay for a patent, or a copyright, and there would be no need for special courts for copyright laws as everything would be copy written the moment it’s created. Also, by that same principle, you are stealing someone else’s information who had written, or posted the same information somewhere else at an earlier time. Furthermore, anything anyone does would be against said law as someone has always written something before someone. There are legal protocols for this sort of thing for a reason, and without following through with them people can steal your ideas all they want.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I’ve been on this forum for over a year, so I’m not going anywhere. I can be a member of, and moderate as many forums as I see fit as is my right. Also the definition of copyright is as follows:

copyright
      ˈkɒpɪrʌɪt/Submit
      noun
      the exclusive and assignable legal right, given to the originator for a fixed number of years, to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material.
      “he issued a writ for breach of copyright”
      adjective
      protected by copyright.
      “permission to reproduce photographs and other copyright material”
      verb
      secure copyright for (material).
      “copyrighted music downloaded illegally from the Internet”

One must obtain a legal copyright to have any rights to any artist, literary, film, etc. Otherwise, people can easily take said idea, material, etc, and use it as they see fit. This is why there are various forms of copyright such as the Creative Commons License. I have done my research, and I have many family members in the law and justice systems. Also, by your reasoning you cannot exclude photographs of any kind as, by the very essence, an original material, and art. By your previous post a model has no rights to her photographs. However, an earlier statement in said post backs up the fact that she should as it is art. It is not something that is cut into pieces. It is board, and is defined quite clearly. IE: You cannot post on a sharing format such as a forum and expect everything you post is copy written. This is why copyrights are acquired in the first place.

Shaggy

Actually Ram… according the Berne Convention which the US belongs to (not sure about Canada). Copyright is AUTOMATIC for original works (sorry Reaper but that does include photos). However in the US, to be compensated for damages and reimbursed for lawyer fees it MUST BE a registered copyright… which means you can still go to court and prevent someone from using the work or forcing them to withdraw it, you’re just not going to get any money for it unless it is registered. The automatic copyright is effective and enforceable between all countries who participate in the Berne Convention, with jurisdiction lying in the country of origin.

How do I know this… I did Insurance for a few years and this is part of Personal Liability Insurance, which was a big market for me.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

So, technically we’re both right. He’s right because it does exist, and I just checked Canada is a member. However, I’m right because really there’s nothing he can do about it unless it’s a registered copyright. Honestly, if someone took you to court over a forum post, which he has said he got the information from books and dvds, I’m pretty sure they’d laugh at you.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Dude, that’s his job, and you’re telling him he’s wrong? That’s pretty low.

Infamous
      Participant

Creative Commons protects original works from being used without permission. However, if it is altered 20% or more, it is no longer considered the intellectual property of the original. That being said, if I take your posts and format them to form proper sentences, paragraphs, and correct all your spelling mistakes, I can call it my own.

Don’t worry though, if I choose to use any of the information you have given me, I will give credit where credit is due.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan