• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      bcantrell

ok i used the practice skin and noticed the needle left a ditch in it, is that supposed to happen or did i do something wrong? what kind of damage persay is supposed to happen to the skin? should there be a ditch or is it supposed to just poke it? ive tried to find videos on this but cant seem to find any, any info would be appreciated. im a beginner not even a novice.

destructo

ive always used the analogy that practice skin is like pouring gas on styrofoam, its just how it acts. It lacks the elasticity of real skin and rigidness. Its basically meant to build confidence and help with practice, not actually look or behave like a real tattoo. Hope this helps

bcantrell

it does help thanks. another question i have is ive seen videos where the needle looks like its sticking out pretty far and ive seen another video that says the needle shouldnt stick out any further than the thickness of a nickle. is that true or is needle length just a personal choice over time?

destructo

its like this, if you are a beginner and are not in total comfort with or in control of your machine inside and out, you sld work off the tip of your tube, when you get a natural feel with it you can work off the tip of your needle. I use my tube tip for long lines and work off my needle for small intricate detail

Johnny

Destructo had it perfect. Watching youtube videos can be misleading, you are gonna see pros doing things that you shouldn’t try, and ur gonna see scratchers trying to give advice. The needle should never, ever leave a ditch, or any really visible trauma to the skin. The goal is to get the needle into the dermis layer or skin, and depending on what part of the body you are working on is between 2-4mm deep. Its more of a feel thing than anything if an artist works with an extended needle. Basically you should be setting the needle out of the tube so that you cannot go to deep even if you try. Good call destructo. I like the gasoline and styrofoam analogy hahaha…

hoger

Know how to install tattoo needle tattoo machines for sale, in just the right way to safeguard and the common problems and their solutions are very useful, most of the tattoo artist.

torifgarder

If you are a beginner than you should not try to make a tattoos on human skin without any experts guide. Be careful about the depth of the inserting needle. It should not be more than 2mm into the skin.

Its generally used to develop assurance and help with exercise, not actually look or act like a real body art. Wish this helps

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan