• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

This is on my Dad, he’s going to let me cover it up because he hates it (can you guess why?) My question is what would you do with this? Its been there for years and its quite big and nasty looking, on the back side of the forearm.

Sorry about the crappy cell-phone pic

Lennart82
      Participant

WHAT THE????

What is this?? Light foot??

But hey, it looks faded, so you could do a ton of things. Whats his interests? What does he like? Anything?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you could pretty much cover this with anything as long as it is a little bigger than the original tattoo and is pretty busy, IE: as much linework as possible. colour will help a lot as well

Infamous
      Participant

He was wanting something patriotic, and yeah it says light foot lol. You think it would be pretty easy to cover up with whatever? That would be awesome. I’ve never done a cover up before so I don’t know anything about it.

He has another one just like this on the other arm but it is nearly invisible and I’m not worried about it at all. I told him I could probably pump some white into that one and it would almost completely disappear. These were both prison style toothbrush and sewing needle tattoos btw, in case you hadn’t guessed

Infamous
      Participant

Any more input would be super helpful, like how do I even go about doing a cover up? Do I need to go in and thin the original with white to lighten it up? Or can I just go right over the top like the original doesn’t even exist?

Lennart82
      Participant

No dont use a wite undercoat. (Well you could do it, but dont) Find something, a design he likes. Maybe the flag or something.
      I see alot of thick lines, use them as much as possible in your new design.

I have seen alot of bad coverups, were they just black it. And thats the easy way imo. Use the lines thats already there, incorporate the original.

Take a print of his tattoo. I use a kind of see through paper, (Used for the oven, dont know the english word) And then place different designs and channge them as you can.
      Best advice I have for you… :?

Infamous
      Participant

Parchment paper, I think is what you mean. That’s a great idea, because I was thinking I would probably have to freehand this.

Okay, so don’t use white before.

I have an idea, but the picture is really small.. I’ll go ahead and post it and get a bigger one here in a little bit. Just based on the picture I took earlier.

Edit: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7074/r2ot.jpg

Lennart82
      Participant

That one could work… Try it :)

Infamous
      Participant

I’m fairly certain my dad would reject this one, I don’t think its his style :/ Nevertheless it is art and so I posted it lol

Spider
      Participant

Using the original piece as much as you can is a big factor in cover up work,
      Check this out and if you look you can see the panther still in the shading of the koi and water. Picture is crap I was using a 20 dollar cheapo camera at the time and still running a mobile set-up.
      http://www.darkcarnivalink.com/uploads/1/9/6/3/19639257/9448169_orig.jpg
      went with some thicker line work on this one to give it a kind of old school look to help hide the older ink underneath, the blue is fresh and so still very very dark but it lightened up well and she took to the white good too. But whatever you choose just make sure it can be adjusted to fit the old piece underneath and leave some room for freehanding if need be. Good Luck…

Infamous
      Participant

That was some brilliant work there!

Spider
      Participant

Thanks

Infamous
      Participant

Welcome :)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan