• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BKLZ

I am in Thailand where keeping wounds dry, clean and infection/irritation free is pretty tough. Other than stay away from the beach what do you suggest? I am thinking letting my tat dry out instead of using any kind of petroleum ointments. Anyone ever use shea butter? it soaks right into the skin and is supposed to be anti-bacterial, heal many skin ailments as well as keep skin from scarring and stretch marks, etc. Never heard of anyone using it for tattoos but I might try on myself. here are some supposed benefits:
      * Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
      * Dry skin relief
      * Dry scalp
      * Skin rash- including diaper rash
      * Skin peeling, after tanning
      * Blemishes and wrinkles
      * Itching skin due to dryness
      * Sunburn
      * Shaving cream to reduce razor irritation
      * Small skin wounds
      * Skin cracks
      * Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)

* Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
      * Minor burns
      * Eczema
      * Sun and wind protection
      * Even skin tone
      * Reduce blemishes and scarring
      * Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
      * Preventing bumps after shaving
      * Reducing acne (especially in combination with African Black Soap)
      * Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue
      * Helps restore elasticity to skin
      * Restores luster to hair

I highly recommend “Troll Skin” and Tatu-Derm Use them BOTH together!
      for tattoo aftercare
      -www.tattoo.radar.com
      best of luck!

BKLZ

the cream looks interesting but the whole “genetically engineered” AND peta safe thing seems a little odd… They dont really list their ingredients on the website. Ill look more. I am really thinking that raw shea butter(my mother used to sell the stuff) seems like an ideal product. The tattoo derm looks interesting too. As far as I understand, some artists suggest wrapping their tattoos for extended periods of time- scares me a bit though. It is really hard to get a little scratch here in Thailand without acquiring at least a little bit of inflammation or infection. i am going to ask some local artists about what they suggest, although things are a bit primitive here sometimes- not always a bad thing. Ill try to post what I come up with.
      Where in Hawaii are you from? I lived in East Maui Keanae-Hana-Kipahulu-Kalepa, etc for a couple of years. Thinking of returning fairly soon to focus on art for a while. Life can be really good out there.

I used to have a place in Waikiki – but lived in Waipahu for a while (oahu)
      : )

souw76

SPAM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan