• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      smanac23

Okay so I am a Fine Arts student 3yrs/military chic for 10 years now wanting to branch out and do something I actually enjoy, and I really enjoy tattoo style art work. So I am going for it, I am going to try and get an apprenticeship but I need some feedback on the work I am making. I have a bunch or paintings/drawings from school but here are my only tattoo pics I have drawn so far, more to come, any feedback appreciated :)
      (link is to my blog where the pics are because the files were too large to upload, there is other artwork too, but the top most recent two are the ones I am talking about)
      http://meatymurika.blogspot.com/

TexasPT

Cool Pictures…the only advice I would give is that EVERY piece of artwork you do is a potential tattoo…not just the “flash” pictures. :) That guy eating a sammich would make a cool tattoo. :)

good luck. practice. practice. practice.

Mark

smanac23

Thanks Mark! I have a question regarding your comment, do you think that either of those 2 pics would work as a tattoo? I’m not sure about the guitar one but I would probably get the cherry blossoms on my back myself… What do you think? Thank you sooooooooooo much! :-) Angie

messijesse

Good use of complimentary colors on your flash pieces.

Advice – do 33 more. Choose the top 10-12. Frame well. Show some range. Dont get stuck on “flash” Im pretty sure tattooist are tired of people coming in with a portfolio full of flash they have already seen a million times. Be original.

Best to ya!

smanac23

Thanks for the advice, to be honest… I’m not even clear on what “flash” is? Does that mean it is art you saw and re-did or just styles that you see alot?

TexasPT

Angie,

I think ANY picture is a potential tattoo. I’ve never been big on the deep meanings behind tattoos and most of mine are a picture I saw, I liked, and I wanted to get tattooed on me. The cherry blossoms look great, and to a musician the other may be perfect.

For the portfolio, and this is an UNEDUCATED observation, show your ability to pair colors well, blend smoothly, be consistent on lines, and color inside the lines. Show fantasy, realism, originality, etc. Most anyone can draw a skull and crossbones, or a butterfly. Make each picture YOURS.

My .02

Mark

TexasPT

@smanac23 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, to be honest… I’m not even clear on what “flash” is? Does that mean it is art you saw and re-did or just styles that you see alot?

I think flash is just the word for the “on the wall” art in a shop. i suppose it could be anything at all that is intended to be used for a tattoo.

Viper65

@messijesse wrote:

Good use of complimentary colors on your flash pieces.

Advice – do 33 more. Choose the top 10-12. Frame well. Show some range. Dont get stuck on “flash” Im pretty sure tattooist are tired of people coming in with a portfolio full of flash they have already seen a million times. Be original.

Best to ya!

yeah…so they can steal it and use it themselves!!!!! :twisted:

Good work man…what materials do u used?
      specially the guitar one ???

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan