• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      SwaggaMuffin

Alrite i got my liner running sweat as nut, but im having trouble with my color packer. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

My liner runs at:
      8.24v, 178 hz (speed), 30% duty

but just cant get my color packer laying ink smoothly.

Any coments/suggestions would be most appresiated

thanks

Viper65

…probably could use a bit more info. How is the gap set? Do you know the guage of springs? what exactly is it doing? Are you going to fast? A little more info would help!

SwaggaMuffin

O sorry that totaly crossed my mind for some reason. Its got 15f 18r springs, 10wrap coils and the gapping it at 3mm maybe abit less. I cant think of how to word what its does the only thing i can think of is it lays ink rougth and patchy

Viper65

I think i would tinker with the gap a bit. Is this a quality machine or a Ebay kit machine..obviously, that would make some difference. If it has some cheap coils its gonna run like crap no matter what you do with….

TexasPT

Things I’d check…

1. Needle depth under load. When the machine is off and you set it up, it may be 1.5mm or whatever you prefer. When you turn the machine on and put a thumb on the A bar you may find that it suddenly only pushes .3mm out past the tube. This could be an issue fixed by increasing voltage.

2. Hand speed vs. machine speed. Are you just moving faster than the machine?

3. Try going heavier on the front spring. Think of the energy that thinner spring will absorb and how much flexion has to take place before it can begin the return movement on the stroke. When you couple that with a relatively soft rear you get a wet noodle hanging over the A bar and energy is going everywhere but into the needle and towards the skin.

Chances are one of these will remedy the issue. When you consider guys in prison can pack color with a guitar string and melted razor it’s really hard to blame the machine. It’s usually operator error. That’s not saying you can’t make it run better and smoother…but that goes into stroke, speed, hit, etc. and without your machine in my hand it’s hard to really say what could be done better than what you’ve already done.

Hope this helps. And I’m a novice…so my advice is not gospel…just personal experience.

SwaggaMuffin

Yeah ive been playing with it and its driving me mad and to be honest its only a cheap one £40 i think i paid for it off thetattooshop, but thats where and how much i paid for my liner and thats sweat. I think its just guna be a pain in the ass. But what can you do. Like the old british saying ” keep calm, and carry on” lol

yeh i just gona keep at it to get it rite im sure i can find the proplem and thanks for everyones help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan