• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      boot3rs
      Participant

home.centurytel.net/dhagen/tattoo info/Tuning_Guide.pdf

http://home.centurytel.net/dhagen/tattoo%20info/Tuning_Guide.pdf

Let me know if either of these links work. Its a small book on how to tune and build a tattoo machine. If not google and search (The illustrated guide to build and tune tattoo machines its free in PDF Format

home.centurytel.net/dhagen/tattoo info/Tuning_Guide.pdf

The only thing I am confused on is it says when you attach the A Bar the front of the A bar should be touching the front coil and the back coil should only have a paperwidth gap from the a bar. Then when u tune your back spring you should pull it back and give it only enough tension to where the A bar is not resting on the front coil. If that is correct you would not be able to adjust a decent enough size gap? Confusing I guess you have to read it to understand the question.

TexasPT

when the machine is off the Abar should NOT touch the front coil. Where it is above it will depend on the rear spring and if it has been bent up or down.

When the Abar is pushed down the front coil and touching it, you should have a small gap between the abar and the rear coil. if your gap is too big between the rear coil and abar, shim the rear coil.

did that help? I actually used this pdf long ago when I was tearing down all my machines and rebuilding them to become comfortable.

Mark

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

another you want to do is make sure that when the abar is down touching the front coil, it shoulh have a solid flat contact. you shouldn’t see any light inbetween. i have noticed that some abars are little rounded. if this is the case you need to file it flat. this is the same for your coil cores also sometimes, especially with chinese junk the cores aren’t cut flat and need to be filed. (dont by them and you wont have the problem)…..lol

boot3rs
      Participant

As always thanks for the helpfully knowledge.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan