• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kaain

I realize alot of us are on a tight budget these days, especially if you’re an apprentice then you’re really having to pinch every penny you can. Not all of us can afford a custom Aaron Cain machine, Next Gen, FK Irons or a Stigma. At the same time NONE of us like spending a little less and getting stuck with a piece of junk that cant even be tuned to work decently.

I’ve found a line of production machines that I’m sure anybody will love, especially the prices. As low as $50.00 to about $150.00. The place is U.S.Tattoo Supply.com

All of their machines are built on straight frames, without casting flaws, all have very heavy duty parts, great coils and run very strong. I’ve used one as a shader without changing springs for about 20 – 30 hrs weekly for more than a year and still running strong.

I’ve used one as a shader usually pushing a 9 Magnum shader but sometimes larger groupings up to a 25 Magnum without any loss of power or effectiveness . Another I use to push my larger outlining groups. Anywhere from an 8 Needle Tight liner to an 18 Needle Liner. I can move across the skin using the 18 just as quickly as I would when using a 5 needle liner on my 7th Gen Swashdrive leaving a nice uniform bold line on the first pass.

For my small outlines, 3 to 5 i still use my 7th Gen Swashdrive, which is at the high end price for tattoo machines. So I’m not against paying the right price for a quality machine. But at this time, I’m still happy using machines from U.S.Tattoo Supply for everything else.

Cheap gear can be just as good as expensive gear.
      The funny thing about “U.S.” tattoo supply is that their gear comes from “china”.
      http://www.ustattoosupply.com/eshop/catalog/Tattoo-Machines-price0-p-1-c-107.html
      You can see the same gear on Chinese websites.

Beware of paying more than top “Chinese prices” for Chinese gear – not to say that this is not decent stuff – you can tattoo good w/ shitty gear and quality gear.
      Quality machines will not make you a quality artist – you need the artistic talent.

Check out Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo – for a list of tattoo companies that have American Made products and are real quality gear.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan