• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I have always been artistic and can draw pretty good and at 37 I just got my first tattoo. I am wanting to buy a starter package just to learn with and see if my artistic abilities can be used in tattooing.
      But I know nothing about all the different equipment and would love to hear some ideas of a good inexpensive set that I can start off playing with.

Thanks!
      Richard

giliegil

maaaaaan – be carefull – i just bought a “starter” kit knowing that machines that cheap had to be cheap – but i didn’t get half of my outline down before that thing heated up and quit on me – i had my regular machines handy just in case and i had to finish with them much sooner into the tattoo that i had anticipated – not only that – if i would of got that particular kit as my starter kit i would of never continued because i would of been lost! it came with metal tubes, grips and tips – and for a starter who wouldn’t know what an auto clave is and even less own one – that is horrible – i would say spend at least $50 on a machine and make sure you use disposable tubes – in my opinion it’s the smart thing to do – hopefully someone here will give you better advice than “be careful” ……. good luck

destructo

i would personally suggest nts or national machines and power supplies. Im quite biased tho cuz thats mostly what ive used. Make sure you buy inks independant of your kit if thats what you buy. Most the cheapo chinese inks that come with ebay kits are poison. If china puts lead paint on childrens toys, imagine what they put in there knockoff tattoo ink… just sayin

tat2theEarth

I bought a starter kit from eBay (from the u.s., mind you) with 2 empaistic 10 wrap coil machines, 50 needles, 8 bottles of ink, which holds surprisingly well, a good power supply and 360 foot pedal and other extras it cost 60 bucks free shipping with a case. The same kit is on an actual tattoo equipment website ill find that site and get back to you. It’s 80 on there, but the machines are actually not bad at all, I used them a few times already, they work fine , nice and steady, only thing is is that I have to use pretty high voltage with them. Liner around 7-8 and shader between 10-12..

tat2theEarth

That website is http://WWW.accesstattoo.com the kit I have is called the joker. I think that is the best you will get for your money especially with 2 machines, one for lining, the other for shading. Both can be set up for either

demonicus

Buy from a canadian distributor if you are looking for something that comes with decent ink.
      There is a guy in vancouver, BC that has the hildebrant kits. I payed 150ish for 2 rotary machines with power supply and ink and both types of handles, metal and plastic pre sterilized. bunch of inks and other rubber parts required.

I also got a kit with 4 guns from the states and the guns were running at almost 14v from the power supply. bent the front spring abit and they are running at a steady 7.5v now. they also came with 5 bottles of budda greywash ink.

tat2theEarth
      Stroup

I am running the Hilderbrandt outfit because I gave my start up kit from Inkcraft.biz to my nephew. I have hung out in a shop and have been a part-time novice for a long time. I have a day job and so should you. Buy quality and get a Mickey Sharpz liner and shader and a good power supply with a heavy duty foot clip. I like the Hilderbandt power supply a lot. Dont buy anything from China period! You get what you pay for and so will your customers. I have a whole studio now. The Mickey Sharpz machines cost 300.00 a piece but you can make that in 3=7 tatts so dont be penny wise and pound foolish! Your customers have to wear it for a life time and they deserve the best you can do.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan