• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dpelt73

Ok so I’ve been messing with the 4 tattoo machines i got in my kit and i have one pretty good liner, and one what i was hoping would be my solid color/shading machine. Well for some reason i cannot get it to put ink into skin. I have to stop because I don’t want to overwork my leg but I dont really have any ink in there. I ended up buying this machine:

http://www.jokertattoo.net/tattoo-machines-20/misc-tattoo-machines-56/m2-tattoo-machine-320.html

I dont really have any extra parts but I lined everything up on this one, set my contact screw straight and my gaps and stuff. This machine runs really fast. Not sure what makes it run so fast (low # of coil windings maybe) Turns out its pretty good for lining.

I messed with the machine i was using to line a little and i got it to do decent coloring, but still not putting as much ink in as its supposed to. it still takes at least 2 slow passes to get solid black.

What basic changes does it take to change a machine thats good at lining, into one that is good at coloring?

brokenpipe

this is only My opinion based on what i have learned in my limited time:

everything you need to set up your machine is covered on pages 98 to 119 of the BFMT book. For me, I lightly bent the rear spring to give me a longer stroke then switched out the front spring to a bit heavier gauge to keep the speed up. My filler runs at 7.6v but thats how that machine likes it. I think we have the same kit actually. Also, im pretty sure the capacitor is polarized on these machines so check to see if flipping the clip cord the other way helps with performance and heat on the coils. I also slightly rotated my contact screw on the bottom to make the clip cord connect properly.

slow circles or rice grains at a 45 degree with a magnum have given me better/faster fills. I the only question i have left is what ink to use? I use the sumi lining ink. I have used it to line, shade and fill but I wonder if a thicker ink would be better (intenze makes a superblack that a lot of people use) Maybe someone can discredit me and answer that question also lol :lol:

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan