• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lithium

I am 41 and a decent artist, I have some tattoos but I know nothing about the business….is it possible for someone to get into the business by being self taught?

Rscotti91
      Participant

Hey lithium, first off welcome to the forum. No it’s not impossible, it’s just the hard way so to speak. It’s possible, as I started myself as self taught. Just takes a lot more time and discipline. If you have any questions, just ask.
      R.Scotti

Infamous
      Participant

Of course it is, in fact most artists are self-taught (at least for the most part) I would still recommend trying to get an apprenticeship though, its easier to have someone to rely on.

I don’t have one yet, but I know quite a bit thanks to this forum and a fair amount of trial and error

Lennart82
      Participant

An apprenticeship, is only as good as the one who teaches you. But there are some benefits of having a mentor, like, they have done it for, hopefully a long time, and they know what works, and what not.

BUT, yes, its possible to do without, but as R.Scotti says, it takes a great deal of discipline to accomplish anything. If you have the will, you can make it ;) If not, and if you lose faith with the first fail, then this is not for you. Rome wasent build in one day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan