• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, joining this forum in hopes to learn and expand and maybe help others if i can.
      I am currently in search of my apprenticeship, and could use some pointers in how I should go about it. I don’t always know how to approach someone i hope to be someday, and its a little over whelming at times. I draw everyday and try to get my hands on new ideas and art constantly, and wonder if anyone has pointers or tips on how to fill my portfolio with what an artist would want from a future apprentice. I am 19 years old, and live in the state of Maine, there’s a large artistic culture in a near by town with many tattoo studios and many artists and eager people to become artists. I stop by the different shops and say hello to everyone, and hope to make a good impression, meanwhile showing them my sketch book and asking for pointers, but have yet to straight up ask for, or explain that i want the apprenticeship, and have geared my life toward that goal being reached, i just need a little help and guidance as to how to get there efficiently. Thank you to anyone who reads and or comments on his post.

TexasPT

my understanding is your portfolio should be 12 pieces give or take with a representation of your abilities across a spectrum. IE: realism, color, black and white, traditional, etc.

Pistol Pete

Point blank honesty,yes you should have a broad spectrum of your work to show but the absolute best way to get into a shop is go down & see if you can make a few new friends with them,then break it to them that you’re looking for an apprenticeship. They get people every other day coming in asking if they have apprenticeships open or if they have a spot open but the best jobs in this biz can only be found by friends in the industry.Next thing you”ll know you will have friends all over where ever you live & won’t have to worry about asking for jobs they will offer. :D Good luck!

Thank you for the advice, i will surely try that out, i seem to be on the right path already, just have to keep working it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan