• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gmccane

Whats up folks , Name is Gary , just signed up a few days ago and thought Id read a little to get a feel of the board before introducing myself . I recently ordered a nice kit from Hildbrandt but haven’t started tattooing just yet . And have never tattooed anyone *cough-to hear me tell it *. But if I had , I would say that I was able to give some pretty amazing black and gray work in the past with home made equipment ( I apologize for the lack of humility in that statement , but there’s really no humble way to say it) . I thought that Id just be able to pick up these machines and start giving some awesome pieces. But I could not have been more wrong. The intricacies and nuances of these machines really blew my mind. I will say though that after some fiddling and online instruction I’m getting it down fairly fast .

However that being said, I am a single father . The butcher , the baker and the candlestick maker up in here. So unless I find an artist who is willing to allow me to apprentice on a very limited schedule , its going to be next to impossible to do that.

Jester
      Participant

Welcome! You’ll find some really great info here.
      Definately but “the book”. It’s got some really great stuff in it, and gives you access to the other part of this site.
      I totally understand the limited schedule, there’s no possible way for me to do an apprenticeship either.
      I set up a seperate room in my house and made the cleanest enviroment that I could.

Anyway, welcome to the family.

gmccane

Thanks Jester . Registering the book here now . I think it’s the one you’re talking about by C.R.Jordan.

Edit: After reading the thread “Getting back into it ” I realize I do have the correct book and that the admin is C.R.Jordan himself . Nice. :D

Jester
      Participant

Yeah, “Canvasyou” is the author. I’ve read it twice, and I’m sure that i’ll read several more times.
      I’ve been really studying the section on tuning. I think I’m going to take a couple of the “Chinese Junk Machines”
      that I originally got in my kit, and rebuild them with the advice from that section.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan