• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Atchitol

Novice here, wondering what is the best way to clean the area after its all inked up. I wipe, my buddy dabs. Is there a difference? What works best? I know after the last tattoo I did my buddy said ” ya man you were wiping me pretty hard” this was after the fact. Just wondering? Looking forward to all the responses!! thanks everyone!

TexasPT

tell your buddy to man up. :)

or try to not be so aggressive. I wipe, dabbing just doesn’t clean, it spreads.

Viper65

……same, i wipe it down every so often when i cant see what the hell Im doing anymore… :lol:

Tarantula

Dab with an alchohol soaked kitchen towel… then when he’s finished screaming ask him if he’d prefer you to go back to wiping.

Atchitol

Idk he wasn’t really bitching it was more of an after note . And I am al for the alcohol dab lol.

hutongsa

friend,please trust your friend and ask for his help.And this is a tattoo supplier:www.tattoodiy.com .If you want any tattoo products,please search on it and contact us.Thanks.

Tarantula

On a serious note when doing a final clean up I usually put on a small ammount of undiluted green soap and then use some dettol/water mix rub it all in (with clean gloves) then gently wipe it with a moistened kitchen towel, I get good feedback from this as you get most of the crap off with the soap and then the wiping is really gentle as theres no need to rub hard.

TexasPT

@Tarantula wrote:

Dab with an alchohol soaked kitchen towel… then when he’s finished screaming ask him if he’d prefer you to go back to wiping.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that was funny!!!

I just use anti-bacterial soap and I’m not afraid to saturate a paper towel. One drag over top lightly gets things back to where they need to be pretty quick. At the end, it’s a heavier saturation and a little clean up. Only had someone complain once…usually they say that is the best part of the tattoo.

Randy5
      Participant

I do both depending on where I’m at on the tattoo. Try using paper towels without texture and use only water or 1 part water 9 parts green soap while wiping or dabing. I don’t use my 1 to 4 ratio soap and water until the end. Using more water really helps keep the inflamation down while tattooing. Plus using alot of green soap while tattooing will cause the skin to water log and make tattooing a real bitch and half.

wrathone11
      Participant

The type of paper towel you’re using can make a huge difference in how much wiping hurts, I only use Viva paper towels as they do a great job of wiping ink away first wipe and they’re really soft on the skin even wet. The real issue though is that it’s a tattoo, it’s going to hurt some and wiping or dabbing is part of the process. Tell your buddy to man up and take it. Another thing that may help is make sure your putting just a little bit of A&D ointment on the area you’re tattooing before you start tattooing, reduces have drag and makes excess ink sit on top of the ointment making it easier to wipe or dab away. Either way wipe or dab is artist preference.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan