• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Wyki

Just doin’ my homework…. Tools were a Regular #2 pencil, a black sharpie and a black liquid ink pen I think Pilot, the ones with like a needle tip.

Its like the color is “leaking” out of it….

This was my first attempt ever in life to draw a realistic rose.

And a Tribal one…

Rscotti91
      Participant

I like the realistic one a lot, Wyki!!! :D My only constructive criticisms would be to add some darker shading for contrast, and beef up some of the lines. Other than that very solid shading and line work. Keep it up!!! (No, I’m not judging his piece as if I were a Administrator or Moderator.) Just giving some genuine artist to artist, advice.

Wyki

Thanks Rscotti, yea I didnt like it too much as It was my first attempt to drawing realistic stuff. I find really difficult to do faces, or atleast exactly the same. :shock: But thanks for commenting I’ll see what I can do. Roses are one of my favorite flowers, so I’ll probably keep practicing with others. I like Orchids aswell so I’ll probably do one in these days to see how that goes.

This is to the judges/admins. : So Did I pass to step two?? :oops: :roll:

Rscotti91
      Participant

You’re welcome. I know how that is, face’s are one of the hardest things for me too.

I can do other realism work fairly well, but I like trying all types of drawings such as: realism, surrealism, abstract or my own style which I guess is like a combination of all of them combined.

If you have tracing paper, you can always trace that one and just try shading it differently to see how it looks. Just keep on, keepin’ on, that’s the only way to progress.
      R.Scotti

angie

nice work there wyki :)
      roses can be tricky….it is really a shading that brings it to life :) i love your roses…the tribal one rocks by time!

Wyki

Rscotti: I like to do alot of surrealism aswell… Alot of “dark stuff” tho..The trcing paper is a good idea, I’d have to give it a try once I get some :lol: But I’ll just give it another go at another and work more on the outlines and shadings, thing is there is nothing more perfect than nature itself and to “replicate” that one has to practice alot. :)

Angie: Yes Roses are tricky with all those petals bent one way and another, plus the shading between them. And thanks for loving my roses! :)

Rscotti91
      Participant

Awesome! Dark stuff, like what? Skulls and stuff like that? I draw so many skulllssss….. lol
      Makes me think of the Misfits! haha.
      Definitely, keep on keepin on!!!
      R.Scotti

Wyki

Yea skulls, things with gasmasks , dragons and stuff like that. :)

Rscotti91
      Participant

Yeah I like that stuff too. I <3 black and grey, it's what I'm actually decent at!!! (:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Nice job dude!
      I especially like the tribal one! :O

I only see three roses though. Need one more before I can pass you :3

Wyki

Thanks, glad you like them.
      Yea… I dont know why I thought it was only three… :oops: went back and re-read the post… yep 4 :roll: Well…. Guess I’ll be doing that one today…I’ll post it up ASAP. :)

Wyki

Here ya go.. sorry for my tardiness… :oops: Done with a regular #2 pencil… Didnt know what else to do… So decided to take a route I’m close to/familiar with. I want to get more into the shading process tho and more into colors… :?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Looks good dude :3
      I’ll get the next lesson up soon.

PAss

Wyki

I was just looking.. and my stem is out of line with the center bulb. Oh well… thats what happens when You do something quick :P

And thanks.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

The bulb could be leaning ;)

Wyki

Haha.. cool cool :P

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Wyki’s Lesson One… [Pass]’ is closed to new replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan