• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

little sugar skull yesterday.

I’ve had some things pointed out that could enhance it. Like thicker lines, and a bit more attention to blending.

i used a 7rl/9m/9rs
      All intenze colors and kuro sumi lining ink
      rotary for lines, coils for shading.

Mark

Rees

Maybe its just me, but I can’t seem to enlarge when people post thumbnails. I know with sites like photobucket with direct links, you can get a huge shot of the work.

TexasPT

http://www.facebook.com/marknovaktattoos

You can find it there too if it doesn’t blow up here. Not sure why it doesn’t. I’ve had no problems…could be settings on your end?

Mark

Viper65

Damn bro! That is one huge piece of art work you got going on there!! I guess I didn’t realize how big it actually was until I saw this photo of it! Overall a great effort on your part and you got to put to use all of the techniques needed to bring it together such as coloring, lining and shading! Obviously, there’s a few lining issues here and there and that is likely in part to the stretch and partially in part to the skin, I believe you mentioned somewhere else that is was a bit hard with the skin. Some skin as you know just doesnt take the ink like others do, Im lucky that my skin accepts ink like a damn sponge so I’ve never had a problem like that but I can see where it would be a pain in the ass if it wont take ink easily. The outline on the skull itself could have been a bit thicker, maybe a 14rl would have done the job nicely??? The shading in a couple spots is a bit rough and for you I was suprised cause you typically pull off your shading rather well so again I have to believe it was in part due to the skin. Color looks packed in well and overall a nice job on your part!!!!!

mussie

looking good :) how long have you been tattooing, sugar skulls fascinate me.

TexasPT

Thanks guys. The thicker line would have been much better. I’m thinking this picture doesn’t show the shading well, because it sure looked good when I was doing it. Went in smooth and gradients ended up where I wanted them. I kept it real light…didn’t want much black in the piece.

Been at it just over a year, I guess.

mussie

@TexasPT wrote:

Thanks guys. The thicker line would have been much better. I’m thinking this picture doesn’t show the shading well, because it sure looked good when I was doing it. Went in smooth and gradients ended up where I wanted them. I kept it real light…didn’t want much black in the piece.

Been at it just over a year, I guess.

i know so many tattooist that take pictures of their work and it never looks as good as its does when you see it properly, thats from the professionals to the novice. its also hard to make a tattoo better when the client wants it a certain way and won’t allow you to change it for the better. great work keep it going :)

Rees

That’s a cool idea. As usual…the more I look at this one the more things I think I would change in my approach. This is the most frustrating part of learning for me. I haven’t been happy with a tattoo yet.

TexasPT

Rees- somehow I edited your post. sorry about that. :oops:

Rees

@TexasPT wrote:

Rees- somehow I edited your post. sorry about that. :oops:

lol, I was wondering what happened. No problem.

TexasPT

I have no idea why I can edit stuff…but this is a prime example of why I shouldn’t have power. :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan