• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      SirBlazeAloT

Ok so i been gone a few days after some MUCHH needed advice i took from some members here.

I know this still isnt GREAT but in my opinion is my best piece so far!

Its not 100% done. after 3 hours my brother was ready to call it quits and let it heal until the next session..

SO be easy on me guys., sorry for the low quality , he is suppose to be sending me a HQ pic today!

Link: http://www.hostxpros.com/portfolio/jesters.jpg

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

hope it’s going to turn out better on the next session. i only see 2 tones in the piece, black, and med-light grey. there is no dimension to it at all. you can’t expect anyone to take it easy, when you dont listen to advise…

SirBlazeAloT

@Troub1edSou1z wrote:

hope it’s going to turn out better on the next session. i only see 2 tones in the piece, black, and med-light grey. there is no dimension to it at all. you can’t expect anyone to take it easy, when you dont listen to advise…

Actually there is 3 different tones and its not finished. Im using a nokia phone to take pictures. “Im suppose to get a better pic today. I KNOW my shading needs work dude and ive been takin ur advice. I took my time and spend almost 4 hours trying to put the different tones of dark and light in this piece. I mean seriously tho, this is a LITTLE better compared to the ones i did BEFORE ur advice man… I have no mentor or tutor, its trial and error for me, and its not like im wrecking these pieces beyond fixing / adding more tones/ dimension to it right?

I mean ive looked around at others beginners FIRST pieces and I am way better off than quite a few. I havent even been doin this for 2weeks yet…

I know this is a LONG process and is gonna take time.but to make me feel like I have absolutely NO IMPROVEMENTS compared to the last pieces I posted is a bit drastic I might say? I am no where near perfect or even close to where I want to be, but I still feel I have a little bit of improvement since the VERY FIRST piece I posted here man..

I mean im gonna keep trying. Ive been doing the 5 cup “greywash”method as well. 4drops of ink -3 drops of ink- 2drops-1 drop- then fill the rest of the cap with water .. YOu cant see the tones cuz of the low quality cam man. I SWEAR im trying a LOT HARDER with my shading man.. :cry:

Oh well.. Im still not giving up, i dont care how shitty my work looks , everyone has to learn/ start somewhere.

TexasPT

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SirBlazeAloT

@TexasPT wrote:

you are not shading. You are throwing different values of black anywhere you want. This is the dimension Troubled is talking about.

You are making the same mistakes over and over…this isn’t learning, this is making mistakes over and over. You should show a progression…you should be able to exhibit that you understand your mistakes and then act on that knowledge by not making them again. Right now you’ve only shown that you can do what you’ve always done and get what you’ve always gotten.

You have A LOT to learn about why you shade…not just the action of doing it. I suggest you youtube as many videos as you can about shading in drawing, not tattoos. You’ll get a much better understanding of why, and how shading affects a piece of work.

Lay out all 20 times you practiced on that skull I gave you…put them on your floor and post the picture. When I see that, I’m back on board with helping.

Mark

Ok well it seems like people here tell people like this “deuces” guy with completely scratchy looking lines and shit that he is doing “great” and so on.. But I post clean line work, and just have issues with shading my dimensions to make them “pop”. I am aware of my issue. but ill be damned if u sit here and try to convince me that this last piece I did isnt better than ALL the others Ive posted here. Its not finished and still has a lot of work, but to me it looks 10x’s better than the “clown” or other joker piece I did. Lining AND shading..

Im just gonna go on my own, cuz even if I have ONLY a 1% increase in my work then it makes a difference TO ME. But it seems like since i didnt 10000% grasp your advice of shading and perfect it, I just get very shitty criticism..

BUT you tell people that THIS shit like this in the attachment is good?!? Really tho?

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

this is a very simple peice. print it out, and shade it.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd407/Troub1edSou1z/CHESSPIECE.jpg

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

@SirBlazeAloT wrote:

@TexasPT wrote:

you are not shading. You are throwing different values of black anywhere you want. This is the dimension Troubled is talking about.

You are making the same mistakes over and over…this isn’t learning, this is making mistakes over and over. You should show a progression…you should be able to exhibit that you understand your mistakes and then act on that knowledge by not making them again. Right now you’ve only shown that you can do what you’ve always done and get what you’ve always gotten.

You have A LOT to learn about why you shade…not just the action of doing it. I suggest you youtube as many videos as you can about shading in drawing, not tattoos. You’ll get a much better understanding of why, and how shading affects a piece of work.

Lay out all 20 times you practiced on that skull I gave you…put them on your floor and post the picture. When I see that, I’m back on board with helping.

Mark

Ok well it seems like people here tell people like this “deuces” guy with completely scratchy looking lines and shit that he is doing “great” and so on.. But I post clean line work, and just have issues with shading my dimensions to make them “pop”. I am aware of my issue. but ill be damned if u sit here and try to convince me that this last piece I did isnt better than ALL the others Ive posted here. Its not finished and still has a lot of work, but to me it looks 10x’s better than the “clown” or other joker piece I did. Lining AND shading..

Im just gonna go on my own, cuz even if I have ONLY a 1% increase in my work then it makes a difference TO ME. But it seems like since i didnt 10000% grasp your advice of shading and perfect it, I just get very shitty criticism..

BUT you tell people that THIS shit like this in the attachment is good?!? Really tho?

they gave criticism to this piece. there was talk about the line work, and that it needs improvement. there was also mention on the shading. im not saying that you’re not improving, just simply that you’re going about it the wrong way. you CANNOT practice on skin, if you are going to repeat the same mistakes you have made in previous pieces. you drew one piece after the advice given and that was it. now to me, it seems like you dismiss the advise given, and jump right into “shooting” another piece into the skin. this shit is permanent. if you have trouble shading on paper then wtf makes you think you can improve on skin. its not a damn game, or hobby. dude i have given you a wealth of information, and have not seen you put any of into action. its going to be a very difficult and long road for you, if you do not sit down and listen….

TexasPT

smile and the world smiles with you

TexasPT

compare that heart to these:

download/file.php?id=309&mode=view

download/file.php?id=310&mode=view

download/file.php?id=307&mode=view

download/file.php?id=306&mode=view

notice the improvement? She asked for help, listened, and improved. What a f’n concept.

boot3rs
      Participant

anyone having trouble downloading the above files, when I click on them all i get is a red x.?

TexasPT

probably your settings…works fine for me. Other people had this issue once but I’ve forgotten how they fixed it.

boot3rs
      Participant

Thanks

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

yeah i get the red x too….not sure why, but i did go back into the old post to look at the picks (i must say, although a very simple piece, much better than the others and still needs improvement)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan