• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      huilt

Go ahead, you’re allowed to.
      But please don’t tell me I should just stop tattooing or something,
      as I have seen some do in other threads.
      I rather see suggestions or things that I should improve,
      anything that is constructive, not destructive.
      By the way, I apologize for the annoying format they are in, but I figured it’d be better than to post five pics for each tattoo. :3
      Okay, so I’m just going to post from the second till the last tattoo I have done (I can’t find a picture of the first one at the moment).

So here is the second one, I did a horrible job on it the first time I did it so I went back on it a couple of weeks after.
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/983595_518844388178212_1420095585_n.jpg

These are the third and fourth I did.
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/400673_519411264788191_521917539_n.jpg

This is the fifth. This one was horrible to do. Really horrible. The tattoo chair I had to use that day was broken and it couldn’t go lower, so I had to stand bent over for two hours straight. It shouldn’t be an excuse, but damn, I had horrible backpains while putting it. I know the lines aren’t solid at all, I can see that myself too, and I feel pretty bad about it.
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1045254_537617262967591_1244994437_n.jpg

Then this one is the sixth I have done, about two weeks ago now. This one went a bit better again.
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969172_543838052345512_1452074251_n.jpg

Okay, go ahead, bust my balls. 8-)

Infamous
      Participant

Really these are a lot better than I expected, a little shaky here and there but for the most part it looks good.

You almost can’t tell that the smiley is shaky because it fits with the style of tattoo.

There’s a slight bump on the pentagram around the circle.

I’m guessing the pattern here is you don’t know how to do a curve just right just yet, all your straight lines look great. You’ll get it, I’m not worried at all lol. Just gotta find the right arc and stay steady.

The ankh looks great, no complaints on that one.

huilt

Thank you, I do appreciate it. (:

Also, I found a pic from the first one I did, although the picture is horrible quality. It’s a Taurus symbol, it went great, I wish the picture was less fuzzy. l:
      http://24.media.tumblr.com/204d524db4526124e35b8e11008da964/tumblr_moz8gzL8C21swfrcqo1_1280.jpg

Infamous
      Participant

Hard to tell. It looks like it may be risen up some, which means you might have overworked it. But it also looks like you may have made it look like that with some white shading. If you didn’t use white its the first one

huilt

I indeed didn’t use white, more people have asked if I did.
      As soon as the needle touched the skin it raised, I then tried less deep and a lower voltage but both didn’t keep the skin from raising.
      Would it be just the reaction of the person’s skin or..?

Infamous
      Participant

If it rose immediately then I’m going with yeah, that person probably has some super sensitive skin

Tattoo Deshi

Really good for you first few.lol the only reason I told to stop tattooing live skin is cuz that guy needed to practice on fake skin for a bit more.i don’t think I has being harsh lol.

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey…. Ball busting time ;)

First up, cant see you have balls to bust… Kidding ;)

These are actually not that bad, for first timers. I’ve seen people do a lot worse then you, believe me. And I’m not just trying to be nice. If it were that bad, I would tell you, since, that’s how you will learn.

The smiley, yes a little shaky, but have to agree with Infamous, it suits the design of it.

Number two, very good line work, as I can see. Although, I cant see if its solid since there are no close-ups.
      Three, again, good line work. And from a distance, looks like solid work.

The Ankh, again, good lines, and good solid works.

The pentagram is the same, as far as I can see.

Now to the bad part of it ;) If you can call it that.
      You need to challenge your self a bit more. Do something more detailed, fine lines, insane curves, integrate patterns, gradient shadings, something more then just plain black filled simple tattoos.
      Yes your on the right path, and if your black filling is solid, there is great hope for you. You have to judge that. ;)

And about the raised skin, yes, some do have a tendency to be more sensitive then others. I did one on my brother, and hmm well he is a big fella. First time the needle hit skin, it raised insanely.
      Another person, I did a rose on, didn’t even turn red. And her skin were more of less smooth with the lines.
      What do you use for washing during tattooing?

huilt

Thank you (:
      And soon I am going to be doing a heart with bright and dark red gradient in it, as well as some words and butterflies and flowers on another person.
      I have practiced a bit of shading just to get the hang of it while doing the Ankh (I did it on the inside as I had to cover it up later anyways).

For disinfecting I use Alcohol (60% to 70%),
      and for washing off the ink during the process of putting the tattoo I use Hibiscrub.

Lennart82
      Participant

Looking forwards on seeing your next piece. :)

For the washing of the ink, try add a little witch hazel. Works wonders on the redness and swellinesnes. (You know what I mean)

huilt

:D

The only problem is the fact that I work inside of the tattooshop, so I use the stuff they provide me with (such as vaseline, Hibiscrub, etc), so i can’t choose myself what I use, unless I buy everything myself.

Up until now I only have a NeoTat Rotary gun, but I ordered a power source, pedal, clip chord, etc, as well as a coil machine. (:
      But I will see if I can get witch hazel, as I read about it before as well. :3 Thanks for the tip! :D

Infamous
      Participant

@Tattoo Deshi wrote:

Really good for you first few.lol the only reason I told to stop tattooing live skin is cuz that guy needed to practice on fake skin for a bit more.i don’t think I has being harsh lol.

That was me, and you were right, I wasn’t ready yet. But I did take it pretty hard, could’ve worded it better. My first was much worse then these.

@huilt wrote:

:D

The only problem is the fact that I work inside of the tattooshop, so I use the stuff they provide me with (such as vaseline, Hibiscrub, etc), so i can’t choose myself what I use, unless I buy everything myself.

Up until now I only have a NeoTat Rotary gun, but I ordered a power source, pedal, clip chord, etc, as well as a coil machine. (:
      But I will see if I can get witch hazel, as I read about it before as well. :3 Thanks for the tip! :D

Witch Hazel is awesome, and you can get it at Wal-Mart for like 3 dollars. I would just ask your mentor if he’s ever used it because you were doing your homework and researching and found it was highly recommended. He’ll probably give you a reason why he/she? doesn’t use it, but tell you you can use it if you want or something like that. I don’t know the person lol.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

these are some pretty solid works :3
      i really like how you string your photos together ! :D

huilt

Thank you! :3

Anybody else? Any advise? (:

Lennart82
      Participant

Hmmm nope… Only…… I want to see more ;)

Jbeaufosho

Well, you asked for it. You need to take better pictures. Nobody needs to see pictures of ypu tattooing, or a picture of a dirty ink mess on your shit. For where you’re at your work is totally decent. I’ve seen a lot of people claiming to be a lot farther along than you putting out consistent garbage. I honestly see a lot of potential. And I don’t say that a lot. Your work is decent and you’re improving every time. Don’t ruin your pictures with filters or plastic wrap. I hope I’m not sounding too harsh cause I’m really trying to help. But having decent presentable photos of your work will go a long way toward building a client base. Are you serving a formal apprenticeship?

Jbeaufosho

I’m not sure how you’re taking pictures, but I have an ancient iPhone and the pictures it takes are horrible. I was able to find this app called pic stitch. You can frame the pictures so you do side by sides and shit. Plus you can actually clean up the pics a little so they’re nice and clear by adjusting the brightness and sharpness. What shop do you work at just out of curiosity?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Really the best thing you could invest in is a DSLR Camera. I use a FujiFilm Finepix s9100, and photoshop to make my photos awesome. I don’t edit the actual images I just put them together into one picture, with a simple background, etc.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan