• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jbeaufosho

I recently moved to a new town in my home state, only to find that my new place is right across the street from a well respected shop. I was immediately interested in gaining apprenticeship here obviously. I had looked into other shops in the past only to be disappointed with their work quality among other things. So I’ve been going into this shop across the street from me regularly for the past 5 months, showing the owner artwork. He has given me very positive feedback and even helped me hone my art skills significantly. But I’m feeling stuck. Like I have no idea whats happening with the actual apprenticeship. He’s had me over to the shop to watch him work and I’ve learned quite a bit from him, even set up/cleaned up a bit, but I still get the unsettling feeling that I haven’t really gotten my foot in the door with him. He’s a really old school traditional guy in his approach to everything. I guess I just want to know how do you know that you’ve really started? And more so how do I move things along a bit and show him I really take this seriously (tattooing and art are my passion and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else with my life.) I’m really eager to start a true apprenticeship. Is this guy diving dicking me around, or testing me to make sure I’m serious? Should I start looking elsewhere or stick it out? And if so how do I.really set the gears in motion and and move things along with this apprenticeship. Any help or advice from experienced individuals would.be.greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@Jbeaufosho wrote:

I recently moved to a new town in my home state, only to find that my new place is right across the street from a well respected shop. I was immediately interested in gaining apprenticeship here obviously. I had looked into other shops in the past only to be disappointed with their work quality among other things. So I’ve been going into this shop across the street from me regularly for the past 5 months, showing the owner artwork. He has given me very positive feedback and even helped me hone my art skills significantly. But I’m feeling stuck. Like I have no idea whats happening with the actual apprenticeship. He’s had me over to the shop to watch him work and I’ve learned quite a bit from him, even set up/cleaned up a bit, but I still get the unsettling feeling that I haven’t really gotten my foot in the door with him. He’s a really old school traditional guy in his approach to everything. I guess I just want to know how do you know that you’ve really started? And more so how do I move things along a bit and show him I really take this seriously (tattooing and art are my passion and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else with my life.) I’m really eager to start a true apprenticeship. Is this guy diving dicking me around, or testing me to make sure I’m serious? Should I start looking elsewhere or stick it out? And if so how do I.really set the gears in motion and and move things along with this apprenticeship. Any help or advice from experienced individuals would.be.greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just ask him!

Jbeaufosho

After six months of HARD work and serious dedication I’ve finally secured an apprenticeship at one of the best tattoo shops in the state. I couldn’t be happier. But now on to the hard part…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan