• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lostcause
      Participant

Yes I know to start on the right since im right handed. Sometimes though the ink smears and gets on other parts of the transfer im not ready to get to and I know as soon as I touch it the damn transfer is coming off. I have waited as long as 15 mins for the transfer to dry and still no luck. I use green soap to clean the skin and dampen the area with green soap to apply the stencil. As far as buying stuff to apply the stencil, there has to be a better and less expensive way. Any help would be great.

tat2theEarth

What I do is start at the bottom and wipe down that way Im only wiping what I’ve already got done

stanski

hey lostcause I use speed stick i put it on a paper towel and wipe the skin with it were the stencil is going to go and applied the stencil and wait 15 min for it to dry and i never lose my stencil. I use green soap to clean up all my ink as i am doing the tattoo if the ink splatters it is okay it wont come off. I also use a small amount of A&D on the skin so i don’t have to wipe it very hard to remove the ink. I hope this helps you out some I tried the green soap for the stencil and it came off when i needed it to stay on.

Irishjesse

dab the stencil image with a paper towel soaked in mouthwash, but beware this opens up pores and draws transfer ink in so the image will not wipe away easily.

Jbeaufosho

I know it was said already, but its good advice. Always start from the bottom and wipe down. Its the best way. Also not sure what you’re using for transfer but I’ve used some lower quality ones that wipe off and smear much easier. Spend a couple extra bucks on the good stuff. It makes a difference. I forget the brand we use at the shop but I know each sheet is stamped with numbers at the top. I’ll get back to you with the brand name.

Jbeaufosho

Also instead of green soap we use this stuff called Dr. Bronners concentrated hemp soap. You dilute it down and it works amazingly to clean the area, apply the stencil, AND wipe the ink. Also comes in a very pleasant peppermint scent I and most of my customers find preferable to green soap. You can find it at most head shops. It’s good shit.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan