• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alrethian

Just to let you guy’s know that i landed my apprenticeship.

I’ve kept on practising and i got the job at my tattoo artist who did my sleeves. i don’t have to pay him anything, eccept give 30% of the tattoos i place in his shop.

He want’s me to work beside him and in the first 2 months or so i am to observe him closely and practise on fruits and skins while he is gonna teach me all kind of things.

He has seen some of my tattoos (in my portfolio and on myself) that i’ve placed before and liked them, just need to touch up some skills and get experience. which he said will come overtime.

When he thinks i’m ready i am to start to color the custimors that come in for re-color and by next summer he wants me to run the shop along side with him.

i’m pretty excited because finally i get to start learning from a good tattoo artist.
      though i must say i still have no regrets that i went to tattoo school, yes it was alot of money but if i hadn’t done i would’nt have gotten this far i recon. just my opinion in the matter, anyways…

i’m not his lackey or cleaning boy in anyway, i help out with the telephone and appointments, draw some designs for myself or clients. Ok i do clean the shop, but so does he.

i’m really feeling at home here :-)

btw, thanks to all in this forum, i’ve learned alot from all you guys, just wanted to say thanx alot all :-)

Infamous
      Participant

Hey congratulations Alrethian! And good luck on the journey ahead of you!

Jbeaufosho

First of all just want to say congrats on the apprenticeship. It’s exciting shit. Just had to say there’s nothing wrong with doing some cleaning. Nothing in this life is free. If he’s not charging you cash you’re expected to pay for it with your time. As long as hes actually teaching you stuff, I think cleaning and being the low man is an integral part of an apprenticeship. It’s humbling. It keeps ou in that right mind set of the apprentice/master relationship and keeps one from getting too big for ones britches too fast. I love this industry. And I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into my apprenticeship, and I think it’s important that this is truly something you earn. Anyway I’m rambling a little, but I’ve seen people of the mindset that if their mentor is asking them to clean and eat a little shit that they must only be interested in free labor. I just want you all to know, that while that is something to look out for, it’s not necessarily the case. Any good luck man! Stay humble and drink it all in.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan