• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Viper65

Very cool. I was thinking about gettin a hildbrandt rotary. Now, I’m totally gonna pick one up. Maybe 2! Hahahaha! Thanks!

Viper65

Go for it….very nice machines!!!!! :D

Jbeaufosho

Honestly, in my opinion hildebrandt machines arent much better than than the chinese ones you guys were shitting on. I say this as a person who owns one. However I will say they have some potential. for the price you could definitely do worse. I rebuilt my marlin ‘444 using all pulse parts and a cut and tapped nickle over the rear spring to maximize potential energy and turned it into a totally decent machine. Also bought a pulse power supply and now everything I own runs MILES better. Cant speak on their rotary machines, I’m coil all the way.

demonicus

I just got my dual rotary machine kit in by these guys. Have yet to check it all out in detail but I was wondering if the motor can be replaced on it’s own. Was very happy to be buying from a dealer in BC however.

I love that fact that machines can be customized… really look forward to learning more.

robroy289
      Participant

@Jbeaufosho wrote:

Honestly, in my opinion hildebrandt machines arent much better than than the chinese ones you guys were shitting on. I say this as a person who owns one. However I will say they have some potential. for the price you could definitely do worse. I rebuilt my marlin ‘444 using all pulse parts and a cut and tapped nickle over the rear spring to maximize potential energy and turned it into a totally decent machine. Also bought a pulse power supply and now everything I own runs MILES better. Cant speak on their rotary machines, I’m coil all the way.

I agree to an extent to some of what you said but not all.. I had to change the coils out on my .44 mag but other than that they are a good solid machine for someone on a budget. They don’t overheat, All parts are solid brass not plastic, and they are well balanced. No they aren’t all pimped out but they do well.

I use Hildbrandts my self. You can tune any machine to be a liner or shader. As part of your apprenticeship you will learn that. Find a book called Tattoo Machines and Their Secrets by the Godoy Bros. It tells all! I like my Hildy’s and have gotten decent results. When I am ready, I will of course upgrade to to heavy equipment. But again: Tune, Tune, Tuning.

robroy289
      Participant

Dude that is some nice work!!

ckurilla

I am currently using coil machines and have some thoughts of switching to rotary machines I’d like to pass some thoughts/ questions (that I have been thinking about) by everyone that reads this post feel free to comment!

Coil Machines
      Coil machines are old school (they have been used for years with success)
      Coil machines are easier to fix and you can buy parts for them pretty cheap
      Coil machines are more common and help is offered by a lot of tattoo artists, forums, tattoo sites

Rotary Machines

Rotary machines are fairly new and are being used in eastern countries?
      Rotary machines are basic no tuning required except for voltage changes in power supply?
      Rotary machines vary by manufacturer (cannot use interchangeable parts except by the manufacturer)?
      Rotary machines will cost more to fix when/if they go down?
      Rotary machines are quieter and I hear they are less painful on customers?

robroy289
      Participant

Old School all the way!!!!! COIL!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan