• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      AivisKP

Hi,. I have a question, maybe seems like shitty one but I just cant get it out of my head. SO when you do the outline, theres different ways to hold a tattoo machine right? FOr every person its different. But mostly I see that its just like to hold a pen or pencil, and I have seen only few people which put their middle finger behide the tip, so its easier to control the depth and so on.. Because for me it works better, and feels better.. I just feel that oh shit maybe im holding it wrong, and gonna get used to this wrong habit(if its wrong) or something and maybe its not the right way ,,, which actually wouldnt matter,because if it works for me should be only important thing.,.. I jsut wanted to know about that, If you have any answer or any advice on this. would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Infamous
      Participant

Just hold it in the best way you can that feels comfortable to you and that you can keep a steady hand with/ that you have plenty of control on it.

For me that happens to be just like a pen or pencil.

The only thing I have to add is that you should try to keep the angle of penetration as close to 90 degrees to the skin as you can, and keep it between 45 and 90 when shading and coloring.

Never go below a 45 degree angle! You can shoot ink underneath the skin and it looks awful! I’ve seen this first hand, (not on a tattoo I’ve done) and I couldn’t believe someone would do that to another person, let alone charge them for it. It literally made me want to vomit.

Jbeaufosho

Holding your liner at a 90* angle is a sure way to get shaky lines. It seems counterintuitive but you actually do want to angle your liner a little bit it should look roughly like this: But be careful to keep your angle consistent and only move forward or backward in this position. Like if you have to do a curve make sure you rotate the machine with the curve as you’re doing it, cause if you go sideways you risk blow-outs. Hope that made any sense to you. It’s hard to explain it without showing you.

AivisKP

Got it :idea:

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tattooing is an art holding out the tattoo machine is very important for an tattoo artist but before that you could try it by drawing yourself it would be helpful for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan