• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

im learning my machines right now, and testing the differences on fake skins, and im seeing a difference but i dont know what it all means. i see the 8 wrap is better for lining and 10 for shading, which i did learn online, but why? i understand its how many times the coil is wraped around, clearly, but im not understanding why it makes the difference. any self proclaimed engineer out there that my be able to shed some light for me.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

It’s because I said so.

Just kidding.

The coil wraps make like a horse shoe magnet effect. The electrons run around the iron core of the coils through the copper wire in a horse shoe shape, and go into the capacitor. Once the capacitor reaches a full charge it releases it’s energy that it has stored in it and it powers the machine. This happens over and over and over and over to make the needle go up, and down. Once the magnet starts, it pulls the a-bar down breaking the circuit, and stopping the magnetism. Once the a-bar goes back up, and the timing spring touches the contact screw the capacitor releases energy again, and the process is continued. The reason 8 wraps are normally better is because it takes less time for the electricity to travel through the coils, and into the capacitor. Where as 10 wrap coils it has 4 extra wraps–two in each coil–the electricity has to travel through, making the process take longer, slowing down the machine.

Jbeaufosho

It doesn’t necessarily make 8 wraps better for lining it just makes the machine run faster. Most people like their liners to run pretty fast but I use 10 wraps on both my machines. They may be a little slower but they pack a stronger punch at lower volts. I guess it depends on your hand speed when you line

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan