• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

maybe it’s me, maybe it’s the setup, maybe it’s the fact that it’s a pigs ear (couldn’t find fresh back or belly only frozen). i don’t know. maybe some one does. i was practicing gradient shading from sold all the way down to a drop of black and mixed with the rest with water. (learned this from the element youtube vid) i was using a 7 mag in my elite western with BSI cut back springs 20 in rear 18 in front, light weight armature and 10 wrap coils. going for that whole cutback shader set up. my speed was 130 at 8 amps needle depth about a dime. moving at various speeds to find a good wrist rate. the ear seems to be denigrating, all flaky and crumbly. i’ve used this setup on fake skin had to turn up the amps a little cause it’s much harder. i tuned it using first my palm, then my thumb. felt fine. no rip, no tear, no drag, soft, yet punchy. the shading looked like poop. spotty as hell. i have a pic on my phone from the all mag eye i played with i finished of with a 9rs. i’ll find a way to post it tomorrow when i’m off duty. a little help with this one. please. i’ll post a flower i did on fake skin with the same machine to show the comparison.

here is[attachment=0:3sv5o0e8]photo.JPG[/attachment:3sv5o0e8] the ear

[attachment=0:1zjzvtxi]flower.JPG[/attachment:1zjzvtxi] the flower

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

i never messed with cutbacks so i’m not sure, but 130htz is fast for a shader. thats more of a liner set-up (again not sure with the cutback) and a bit fast for a liner as well unless you are doing quick single pass lines…

Jbeaufosho

Also not sure about a cut back shader. I don’t think the extra speed would be necessary, for me I like my shader to run a little slower. Helps me get smoother gradients. Also I like a longer throw on my shader. which is harder to achieve with a cut back. a softer rear spring could help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan